Fireworks displays to visit this weekend…
With Fireworks night fast approaching… excited! We share our top 5 spots for this weekend if you’re staying with us in London.
This is one of the well-known events in West London, with funfair rides and the usual food stalls it’s a great night out and the displays are always brilliant! A kids display starts at 7:15pm and the adults display from 8:00pm. Doors open at 6pm. Book your tickets here or £8 entry at the gate, under 5’s go free. If you’re staying with us at Templeton Place, Hammersmith is the closest underground station and the park is just a 10 minute walk.
Ealing Cricket Club
Another great display in West London! This starts with a laser show and funfair for children (and the adults). They also host a BBQ and mulled wine treats, this one is a good’un! The gates open at 6 and the fireworks start at 7:45pm. Tickets are £8 and available at the gates only, under 5’s go free. This is also within easy reach of Templeton Place, the nearest underground station is Ealing Broadway and it’s around a 10 minute walk from the station.
Set to be the best in London with not one, but two events on one night! This is being held on Friday and Saturday night, so it’s perfect for an after work get together if you’re in town on the Friday. They’ve also go the German beer festival on, so why not make a full night of it and attend both! Friday night fireworks start at 9:00pm, the bonfire gets lit at 7:00pm. Saturday night starts at 8:00pm, with the bonfire being lit at 6:00pm. Book your tickets here, this is not to be missed!
This is one of the very few London displays which is still free to attend. With a funfair from midday, food and drink from 5:00pm this event attracts 100,000 visitors each year and is a great all-day event for the family! Fireworks kick off at 8:00pm. Make sure you also check out the village streets, as the festivity continues throughout Blackheath on the night. The nearest station for this event is Blackheath around 5 minutes’ walk and Maze Hill around a 10 minute walk. More info can be found here.
We’ve picked another free fireworks display in London for you! Victoria Park in Hackney is another decent spot, with a sci-fi theme this year. Refreshment stands open from 5:30pm and the display starts at 7:00pm. The closest station for the event is Mile end or Bethnal Green, which are both around 15 minutes’ walk to the park. More info can be found here.
And if you’re having a display at home… Please see some guidelines below for safety on the night:
- Please keep pets away from fireworks displays, they are very loud and will cause unnecessary discomfort and frighten them.
- Keep children safe, as much as we all enjoy some fireworks, please ensure children are kept at a safe distance from harm and don’t let them use any fireworks themselves.
- Please don’t give sparklers to any child under 5 years old and ensure that all children are supervised when using them, as they can get up to 5 times hotter than cooking oil!
- Only one person should be in charge of letting fireworks off. Too many people around can cause accidents and congestion.
- Please buy from a reputable seller, this will ensure that any fireworks are of the legal standard and they can offer advice on which types are best for your intended use.