Supercity Aparthotels is doing everything possible to ensure the travel safety of all guests and provide as much flexibility as possible.
We have had to adapt fast to the unprecedented changes brought about by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and make sure all our guests remain as safe as possible.
The latest UK government guidelines on this matter can be read in full HERE .
We will continue to adapt our approach to this extraordinary situation as and when the government’s advice is updated. We have therefore put in place the following measures for the foreseeable future:
-Action in the event of an infection being discovered (whether confirmed or not)
-Contingency plans to minimise any disruption to our business operation
-A revision of our booking and cancellation policies
-What we ask of you
- As a quality accredited member of the Association of Serviced Apartments we are committed to upholding the highest levels of quality and cleaning standards in all our apartments and adhere to the ASAP Stay with Confidence promise.
- We are well supplied with disinfectant cleaning products. Our housekeeping teams have been trained on their correct use throughout all our properties including apartments, communal areas, gyms, staff areas and offices etc. You can have a look at the additional measures put in place since the outbreak at the bottom of that page.
- Information posters for guests are displayed in all reception areas, gyms and lifts.
- Fact sheets for guests have been distributed to all apartments.
- Information posters are displayed in all employee areas including toilets and on team notice boards etc.
- We have sent direct communication regarding the pandemic to all employees. This includes information on preventative hygiene measures, self-isolation, how to identify the symptoms and ways to communicate this to our Human Resources (HR) department.
- We are also sending regular updates to our Department Managers who in turn cascade this information to their respective teams. These updates come from our HR advisors and the Health & Safety Executive.
ACTION IN THE EVENT OF AN INFECTION BEING DISCOVERED:
- The guest(s) will be advised to call reception via their room phone, self-isolate immediately and not attend reception or move around anywhere else within the building.
- They will be advised to contact NHS 111 for further guidance.
- Self-isolating guests will, if necessary, be able to remain in their apartment beyond their check-out date at the same daily rate as that of their original booking.
- Throughout their period of self-isolation, guests who are unable to order food and other necessary supplies online will be assisted to do so by reception.
- During this period of self-isolation, the occupied apartment will not be cleaned but clean linen and towels will be provided as usual.
- Self-isolating guests will be expected to keep us informed of their condition.
- Subsequent bookings for any apartment affected by an extended stay as above will be moved to another apartment or booked out to another aparthotel or hotel. In such cases the new, arriving guest’s additional travel costs will be met by Supercity Aparthotels.
- After a self-isolating guest checks out, their apartment will be thoroughly deep-cleaned by an approved external contractor in accordance with the latest standards set out by the government.
- We will keep all teams updated on whether a guest’s infection is suspected or confirmed. Where an infection is confirmed we will also inform all other guests in the same property as well as their relevant booking channel or agent.
- The above will be followed by regular updates to all parties as above.
- In this event we will contact all guests (plus their relevant booking channel or agent) who have stayed in the property during the previous 14 days.
- All team members based within any affected office will be instructed to self-isolate.
- The office will receive a thorough deep clean from an approved external contractor.
- We will keep all employees updated on whether the infection is suspected or confirmed. Where an infection is confirmed we will also inform all current guests in any affected property plus their relevant booking channel or agent.
We have four core recruitment agencies on standby who will provide us with housekeepers, receptionists and maintenance team members should we need them. We also have an additional list of agencies registered on our supplier system should the core four see high demand and be unable to assist with any of our requirements. Furthermore, we have additional supplies of guest consumables, towels and linen etc.to cover all eventualities.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS:
We remain committed to offering you more flexible booking options and, owing to the unique circumstances, we have temporarily relaxed our booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
Flexible bookings: The cancellation period for all flexible bookings made between May 14th and June 30th, 2020, regardless of the length of stay, has now been amended to 3 days prior to arrival, after which normal cancellation penalties may apply.
Non-refundable bookings: Provided the appropriate notice is given to Supercity Aparthotels no later than 7 days before the scheduled arrival date, non-refundable bookings made prior to April 30th, 2020 will receive a credit equivalent to the amount paid to be put towards a future booking to begin within 6 months of the original check-in date.
For all bookings, amendments or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 203 818 9070
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
- Please use the lift one household at a time. If the lift opens and someone is in it, please wait for the next lift.
- Please keep a safe distance of 2 metres from the Front of House receptionists and their desk, as well as from any other team members or fellow guests you encounter in the halls or entrance.
- Please let us know before arrival if you present any symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 (confirmed or suspected).
*Since the outbreak we have enhanced cleaning/hygiene standards across all areas of the property, this includes:
- Cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria-killing ingredients.
- Frequency of cleaning increased for all communal and back office areas.
- All suites are aired out for at least 24 hours before deep cleaning.
- Facemasks and gloves used whilst cleaning.
- Training – All team members are comprehensively inducted over a two-week period and complete annual e-learning/classroom-based courses to ensure the health & safety of both them and our guests. This includes COSHH training to ensure the correct use of all cleaning products.
- Guest keys are disinfected after use.
- PDQ pads are cleaned with antibacterial wipes after each use.
- Additional Hand Sanitizer Dispensers will be situated in communal areas including all Receptions and Gyms.