Environmental & Sustainability
At Supercity Aparthotels, we believe in responsible business and understand the importance of managing the environmental impact of our day-to-day operations.
Our objective is to achieve sustainable profitability by providing a great service that is both profitable and environmentally friendly.
Our management have specific responsibility for policy development, co-ordination and evaluation of performance. They must ensure that we meet our commitments, and that the policy remains a fundamental part of our business strategy.
Environmental aspects of our operation will be effectively managed to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and the public whilst contributing to the future well-being of the environment.
We undertake to provide the necessary training and support for all employees to ensure that they understand this policy and have the knowledge to fulfil relevant aspects of the policy in their day-to-day tasks.
Our Environmental and Sustainability Policy shall remain publicly available. We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement.
We commit to:
• Environmental performance and management targets that are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure continual improvement.
• Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
• The prevention of pollution using operational controls, training, and assessments.
• Minimise energy consumption through effective energy management.
• Reduce the level of uncontrolled atmospheric emissions.
• Manage and control effluent discharges arising from our operations.
• Efficient use of resources; reuse rather than dispose where possible and promote the use of recycled materials.
• Procure goods and services from sustainable suppliers who commit to upholding high standards of environmental management.
• Routinely reviewing all aspects of our business to minimise our carbon dioxide emissions.
Progress To Date
Updated March 2022
As at March 2022 the Supercity Aparthotels team have made significant progress in implementing our Policy and striving to reduce the Environmental Impact from our day-to-day operations.
• Attained ISO14001 accreditation for our Environmental Management System that underpins our Statement and Policy.
• Removed single use plastics from 45% of the portfolio.
• Certified “Zero to Landfill” from our waste management partners.
• Removed 90% of cleaning chemicals across the group by investing in Stabilized Aqueous Zone technology which kills 99.999% of harmful bacteria and viruses (including COVID-19) without the damaging effects of traditional chemicals on the environment. This product is made from water and returns to water.
• Removed short-life printed collateral from guest suites and using digital and long-life solutions going forward.
• Thoughtfully sourced consumables that are produced locally and use our existing supply chains so as to minimise the environmental impact of servicing our properties.
• Bringing forward new properties that are as energy efficient as possible – with our most recent opening, Q Square in Brighton, achieving a BREEAM Excellent rating.
• Investing in systems and technologies to reduce our energy consumption.
Focus areas for the coming year
• Remove single use plastics from the remaining 55% of the portfolio by the summer of 2022.
• Partnering with our suppliers, teams and guests to recycle more of our waste.
• Ensuring we only partner with Organisations that share our Policy ambitions.
• Bring forward our new properties in York and Leeds minimising their environmental impact through thoughtful design through both development and on-going operations.
Appropriate resources will be available to ensure that the environmental policy is implemented in full through managerial vigilance and regular review.
Supercity Aparthotels welcome feedback and suggestions from all business stakeholders on how to improve environmental performance on an ongoing basis.
To contact us about our Environmental & Sustainability Statement Policy, please email email@example.com