We all just love the British summer, however short it may be! So, for anyone visiting for the first time, or, if you just fancy trying something new, take a peek below at our 10 picks for things to do in London this summer…
- Have a BBQ in the park! Please note that not all London parks allow the public to bring their own BBQ. Some of the parks that do allow BBQ’s are: London Fields in Hackney, Burgess Park in Southwark, Waterlow Park in Highgate. Click here for a full list. Great for a family day out or even a get together with a group of friends!
- Go to a London festival… British Summer = festival season, with many great festivals for all musical tastes! Take a look at these: Lovebox (14th – 15th July), BBC Proms (14th July – 9th September), British Summer Time (30th June – 9th July), South West Four (26th – 27th August). If any of these events are sold out, try looking on Stubhub – an authorised re-seller of sold out concert tickets.
- A Thames River cruise is perfect on a nice sunny day and the best way to view London’s riverside landmarks, such as the OXO Tower, Tower Bridge, The London Eye. There are many different types to choose from, from high-speed to fine dining, click here and here to see all the great options available!
- Try a rooftop bar. With plenty of rooftop bars and each offering a different view, you are spoilt for choice. Try these for the best experiences: Madison Roof Top Bar, St Paul’s, Radio Bar in Strand, Aqua Neuva, Oxford Circus, Sky Lounge in Tower Bridge and Bokan Roof Terrace in Canary Wharf.
- Check out the musical entertainment in Covent Garden Square.
- Take a guided walk around London. With so many options available, check out London Walks for the best guided tours around! From ghost tours, to pub walks, there is something for all.
- See an outdoor movie. Outdoor screenings pop up all over London in the summertime, click here for the top picks…
- Try a rooftop yoga class! Looking for a morning stretch with a difference? Check out these amazing rooftop yoga classes for the summer season: Sunrise Yoga & Breakfast, Fat Buddha Yoga have some great venues with a view!
- Visit Kew Gardens, such a beautiful botanical place; it’s a must-see for anyone visiting London! Over the summer they have a host of events, click here to find out more!
- Take a stroll around London’s many markets; from Borough Market for the foodies, to Columbia Road’s flower market, there really is so much to see… for a list of London’s markets, click here.
We hope we’ve given you some inspiration to step outside this summer and see what our great city has to offer! Remember, feel free to ask a member of our team for their top picks of things to do in the high temperatures, they may have something even better up their sleeves!